Last year when I turned 19, I wrote a blog post called 18 things I have learned in 18 Years (https://thelifewedreamof.com/2017/09/26/18-things-i-have-learned-in-18-years/). It really made me evaluate this past year, and thought it would be nice to reflect on my year as a 19-year-old. So here are just a few things I have learned.
- Being cynical is just a way to deny your feelings
- You truly deserve happiness
- If someone can’t see your worth, then they aren’t worth being in your life
- Things will never happen the way you planned them too
- Do not compare yourself to others
- Just because you aren’t like everyone else, doesn’t mean there is anything wrong with you
- Perfection isn’t worth it
- Drink water
- Push yourself out of your comfort zone
- Be there for others
- Get your priorities straight
- Practice self-care
- Appreciate moments that bring you closure
- Know that you are enough
- You will find someone who will love you, just not right now
- Not being in a relationship is okay
- There is absolutely nothing wrong with you
- Life will knock you down, and you need to learn to pick yourself back up
- Its okay to be vulnerable (still working on this one…)
Life is messy, complicated, scary and weird… but somehow that just adds to how amazing life is. 19 was a weird year; I cemented who I was, and I was more selective in who I let take from my energy. 19 was a year of a lot of hardships and trying to hold it all together. I didn’t hold it all together, but I still tried. You don’t have to constantly have it together, its okay to be a mess, weird, crazy and a disaster. You are human, its okay to be human. Here’s to being 20!
Thanks for reading and have a wonderful day!