It’s my birthday in a few days, which means I have been doing a lot of reflecting. Reflecting on my life in general, who I am as a person, the goals I want to accomplish, this blog… basically a lot of things. So I thought I would share 18 things I have learned in the past 18 years (let’s get real it took me forever to learn these lessons, so let’s say in the last 5 years…), here they are!
- You’ll break your own heart sometimes.
- Relationships take a lot of work.
- You have to earn what you want.
- Always set new goals.
- Be there, even if the other person can’t be there for you. They are also going through a rough time.
- It will get better, it just takes time.
- You will surprise yourself with how strong and capable you actually are.
- Life is not race.
- It’s okay if you are at different points of your life, compared to others your age
- Listen to your gut, even if it tells you something you don’t want to hear
- Don’t jump to conclusions about people or situations, there is more to it than meets the eye.
- Don’t do something just because everyone else is doing it.
- Wear whatever you feel confident in.
- Only wear makeup if you feel confident with or without it.
- Being organized is key.
- Do everything you possibly can to be prepared, but the rest after that is up to fate.
- Commitments are scary, but you have to stick to them.
- Find a balance, it will be difficult, but you just got to keep working at it.
Here’s to being 19!!
Thank you for reading, and have a wonderful day!!